Tuesday 17 February 2009

Those who sleep under a handmade quilt---sleep under a blanket of love!


Dear Friends, regarding quilts and where to start: This is a great beginner quilt! I made this quilt with my sister a few years ago when I was learning how to make quilts! The fabrics are from Moda! I used 3 Charm packs-(5 1/2 " squares). I used 108 squares, with a 2" border and a 4 1/2" border! It is a lap size quilt. I love the fabrics, so I wasn't to concerned about the pattern or design. I now hang it over a antique dresser that I love! Eventhough, it is a Christmas quilt, I keep it up all year long! If you make this quilt, let me know! I would love to see it! Good luck! Caution, buying fabric can become addicting!

This was a fun quilt made with charm packs and jelly roll fabrics that I had left over from another quilt. I had enough to do a lap size/baby quilt! I created my own pattern using a rail fence design with 4 squares across and four squares down using 2 1/2" jelly roll strips! There are two 2 1/2 inch borders around the rail fence squares. The next border is charm pack squares (5 1/2" squares) around the entire quilt with the outer border 4 1/2". The fabrics are by Moda-SIMPLICITY. The backing is pink chenille! It is quilted with hearts and leaves by The Quilting Bee. It was fast and easy! The fabrics are hard to see, click on the picture for a better view. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment